Process Control Engineering Services
Implement advanced multivariate constraint controls,
analyse your existing control configuration for opportunities or
simply tune up your PID controls.
In 10 years of practicing process control in the chemical process industries,
Dan Yuen has implemented all types of control technologies from simple feedback controllers
(PID) to advanced multivariate constraint optimizing controllers.
Dan has notable expertise is the use of statistical process control techniques
in real-time control applied to polymer reactor processes and in inferential controls.
- PID (DCS) controller programming, configuration and tuning
- Statistical process control (SPC): shewhart charts, online cusum filters in real-time control
- Model identification using plant tests and statistical time series analysis (Box-Jenkins)
- Process Simulators: PDPlus
- Implmenting multivariate constraint controllers:
AspenTech's DMC Plus and OPC, Honeywell's RMPCT
- Online process properties estimators (inferential control)
- Programming in Visual Basic, Fortran, Dowtran, Pascal on PC's and VAX VMS
- Honeywell's TRAINER process operator training simulator
- DCS configuration: Foxboro I/A, Yokogawa Centum CS
- PLC's, SCADA systems
Dan has implemented advanced or regulatory process controls on the following process
- Fluidized Catalytic Cracking Unit (FCCU or "cat cracker") reactor
- FCCU main fractionator distillation tower
- Hydrogen plant
- UNIPOL fluidized bed linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) polymer reactor
- High pressure low-density (LDPE) polythylene tube reactor - melt index and density control
- Various oil refinery distillation towers
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) polymer slurry reactor - melt index and density control
- Low-density polyethylene (HDPE) polymer extruder
Contact us for a quote here.